Sunday, November 07, 2021

Old Age Tips

I’m getting old and have learned a few things I would like to pass on to others my age. It doesn’t really pertain to the blog, but what the heck.

The skin on my legs and feet started itching at times and it's really bothersome.  I used to use a prescription ointment to fix it, and it worked well.  I found a better solution.  Rub a teaspoon of water over the leg, getting it wet and rub the skin in a constant motion. You might have to add another one or two teaspoons of water.  After about 30 seconds, you will notice that dead skin is rubbing off.  You’ll find that the itching stops and you don’t need the expensive creams.

Taking a shower washing your hair (if you have any)

I take a shower every day and if you have ever closed your eyes you tend to lose orientation and get dizzy.  In the shower, leave your eyes open and keep your face dry. Water will roll off of your eyelids if you keep them open.  To wash your hair, wet the back half of your head and apply shampoo and pull the shampoo forward to the rest of your hair.  If you do it right, you don’t have to close your eyes.  When you rinse your head, use your hands to shield your eyes from the soap rinse. You can keep your eyes open.


5 comments:

Sackerson said...

You've seen George Carlin on hygiene? Get a 4-use brush like him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X29lF43mUlo

dearieme said...

A well known British journalist agues that you shouldn't use shampoo at all. He claims that after a week or two the hair adjusts to the new regime and is no oiler than in the old regime. (I haven't tried it because I am prone to dandruff and that's what I shampoo against.)

Jim in San Marcos said...

Hey Sack,

The link was cute,

I enjoyed it, thank you much.

Laughing is fun.

Jim in San Marcos said...

Hi dearieme

When I wake up, my hair is standing up and unruly, the only way I can get it in place is to soak my whole head, so I shower and wash my hair.

Does your well known British journalist have any hair? If not, he might be right about shampoo (in his case).

dearieme said...

He had plenty of hair when he adopted his habit.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/matthew-parris-lonely-prophet-shampoo-toryism-6096472.html